Jun 11, 2014

Organize it! The Office

I love me some organization.  Thought I'd start a new series called "Organize it!".  Each Organize it! post will focus on a specific room, and my tips for getting that room in order.  I also love me some office supplies, so let's start with the office!


I divided this room into three zones: walls, desktop, and furniture.  There are elements in each of these zones that can help you stay organized.  When it comes to organizing, my theory is to use all of the space available to you.  Each piece you add to your office should be working to help keep things in order.  

WALL
1.  Wall file.  I use this for paperwork that I don't necessarily need to get to right away, but will need my attention eventually.  For me, if things are out of sight, they're out of mind.  So I try to keep my to-do items out in the open, but not cluttering my desk; utilizing a wall file is great way to do that.

2.  Bulletin board.  This is an obvious choice for the office.  One item I keep on my bulletin board is a print-out of all my various usernames and passwords for all my bill paying accounts.  Then when I'm ready to pay bills, a simple glance up at my bulletin board makes things quicker and easier.

3.  Wall pocket.  I want one of these!  What a fun and stylish way to keep office supplies off your work space but still accessible.

DESKTOP
4.  Magazine file.  These are so handy for storing things that don't look very pretty or tidy when out on display like magazines, manuals, printer labels, etc.  I actually keep mine on my bookcase, but would work on the desk too. 

5.  Stacking letter tray.  I'm pretty much obsessed with this thing.  Each of the trays pulls out for easy access, and I love how it keeps everything I'm working on all in one spot.  Plus it's made of metal and super sturdy.  I bought magnetic file labels so I can label each tray.  So handy.

6.  A pretty bowl.  I love having a pretty bowl on my desk for holding my paperclips, binder clips, and my white-out tape.

FURNITURE
7.  A great desk.  I love this option because it has a built-in compartment to hide all your cables.

8.  A file cabinet.  A MUST for your work space.  I keep all sorts of boring paperwork in mine.  One thing I do is file all my paid paper bills in it, and then move them to my tax storage box at then end of the year.  

3 comments :

  1. I love every single one of these - especially that filing cabinet and bulletin board. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You're always supportive of my silly decor endeavors :)

      Delete
  2. Loving your new blog! My office is in serious need of all this.

    ReplyDelete